Be a leader in Cloud Computing Infrastructure
Gain the knowledge and skill set needed to help power the cloud.
If you’re ready to make an impact on the world through the power of engineering, the SMU Lyle School of Engineering is the perfect place for you.
Here, we nurture audacious engineers — multidimensional problem solvers whose multidisciplinary preparation and inventive ideas equip them to boldly solve complex problems and do good with astounding impact.
Specialize. Succeed. Advance.
Why SMU Lyle’s MSDSE Program?
Meet the demands of a rapidly evolving critical constituency
Five Departments to Challenge & Inspire You
Our unique MSDE program is designed to give you a well-rounded learning experience by incorporating course contributions from each of our five engineering departments:
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Engineering Management, Information, and Systems
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
Course Options to Align with Modern Datacenter Engineering Practices
This 30-credit program is made up of thought-provoking core and elective courses with
specialization in one of four areas:
- Facilities Infrastructure Management
- Data Analytics
- Networks, Virtualization, and Security
- Business Management
SMU Lyle MSDE students also have an opportunity to earn course credits through the Cox School of Business or Dedman College.
Flexibility to Suit Your Needs
We know pursuing an advanced degree while actively working in the field can be a challenge. That’s why we offer traditional on-campus courses, as well as 100% online course options via our Distance Education program.
Whether you want to study full time or part time, we’ll provide the flexibility to build and enhance professional value at your preferred pace.
Where a simple passion for engineering can ignite world-changing innovation. Did you know?
- SMU Lyle graduates are among the top 5% highest paid alumni across a variety of fields
- SMU Lyle was recognized by Forbes as a school with “the highest quality and best financial outcome”
- We have relationships with Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 corporations in defense, electronics, telecommunications, biotechnology, and many other business sectors